Friday, March 20, 2009

Brides against breast cancer

I am volunteering at a dress sale for Brides against breast cancer (http://bridesagainstbreastcancer.org/) I am doing it for 2 reasons. 1) I haven't done alot of dress shopping and i think it would be fun to kinda look around. 2) I feel like good things come to people who do GOOD for others (if that makes sense lol) This past week, my grandfather was diagnosed with prostate cancer. Luckily it was caught early so he should be okay after a little treatment! Cancer scares me, because it seems like there are so many forms and it spreads so quickly at times. Anywho......back to the sale!

I am probably going to cry like a baby the whole time i'm there! Helping a girl find "the dress" is like the most rewarding thing I can do as a bride. I cry when I watch wedding shows so.....i'll be a mess LOL. I'm very excited to meet new people and meet some other brides around the city! Ill post when I get back!!!!

That is all.........

3 comments:

  1. Just introducing myself. I'm Jenni. Congratulations on your engagement. And I love that you are taking time to help others during the busy wedding planning. I'll be following your blog. I'm always interested in fellow Chicago brides' planning process. I have much to learn as a 2011 bride. Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Jonezy!!!

    Hi dimples!!!! I'm sorry...as you can see I havent been on here in forever!!! But I am dedicated to updating it now!!! Thanks for introducing yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete